Download Data Protection Declaration of Rudolf Storz GmbH FB_180_Data Protection Declaration_Rudolf Storz_extern_englisch_Rev01
The protection of personal data is one of our most important principles. With this data protection declaration (privacy statement) we want to inform you about the kind, scope and purpose of the personal data processed by us, as well as your legal rights.
- Name and contact details of the person responsible for data processing (data controller) and of the company’s data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processed by:
The data controller:
Rudolf Storz GmbH
Friedrich Wohler-Strasse 13
Phone +49 (74 65) 92 07 20
Fax +49 (74 65) 92 07 22
Our data protection officer can be contacted by post, phone or in person at the address above or at email@example.com
- Collection and storage of personal data as well as the type and purpose of their use
- a) General information
We shall only process personal data if one of the following conditions is met:
- You have given your consent to the processing of your personal data relevant for one, or several, specific purposes (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (a)
- the processing is necessary for the performance of the existing contract with us, or the implementation of precontractual measures (Art. 6 para.1 sentence 1 (b)
- the processing is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation to which we are subject (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (c)
- processing is necessary to protect your, or another natural person’s, vital interests (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (d)
- the processing is necessary to safeguard our, or a third party’s, legitimate interests unless your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms requiring the protection of personal data prevail
The following describes how and on what basis we process personal data.
- b) Data collection when visiting our website
When you visit our website, the browser used on your terminal device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a “log file”. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the downloaded file
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL)
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider
The data listed will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection to the website
- ensuring convenient use of our website
- Evaluation of system security and stability and
- for other administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest arises from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose to draw conclusions about you as a person.
- c) When registering for our newsletter
If you have expressly consented pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (a) GDPR, we will use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis. To receive the newsletter, all you need to do is provide your email address.
You can unsubscribe at any time, for example by using the link provided for that purpose at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you are welcome at any time to send your request to unsubscribe by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- c) When using our contact form
If you have any questions, please contact us by using the form provided on the website. A valid e-mail address is required so that we know who sent the request as well as where to send our response. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us will be conducted in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (a) GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
The personal data collected by us through the use of the contact form will automatically be deleted after your request has been processed.
- Sharing personal data
Your personal data will not be forwarded to third parties for reasons other than those listed below.
We shall only disclose your personal data to third parties on condition that
- you have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (a) GDPR
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (f) GDPR is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data
- a legal obligation exists for such forwarding pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (c) GDPR
- this is legally permissible and is necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (b) GDPR.
Third-party personal data will only be forwarded upon instruction based on an Agreement on order processing (see clause 2 f).
Information stored in the cookie links you to the specific terminal device used. However, this does not mean that we become immediately aware of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your terminal device for a specified period of time to optimize user-friendliness. If you visit our site again to use our services, we automatically recognize that you have already visited our website and what entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 (f) GDPR.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser to avoid the storage of cookies on your computer, or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. Complete deactivation of cookies, however, may have the effect that you are unable to use all functions of our website.
- Tracking Tools
Our tracking measures are listed below. They are executed on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (f) GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure that our website is designed to meet the demands of the users and that they can be continually improved. In addition, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer for the customer. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate under of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
5.1 Google Analytics
For the purpose of the customized design and ongoing optimization of our websites, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc, https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/ (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this context pseudonymous user profiles are created as well as cookies (see clause 4). The information generated by the cookie about your use of this site such as
- browser type/version,
- operating system used
- referrer URL (the previously visited website)
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address)
- time of the server request
will be sent to a server hosted by Google Inc. in the United States, and will be stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on advertising activities and to provide further services associated with the use of the website and the Internet for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these Internet pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties, provided this is legally required, or to the extent that such third parties process the information. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data from Google. The IP address is rendered anonymous so that an assignment is not possible (so-called IP masking).
You can adjust the settings of your browser to prevent the installation of cookies; however, we would like to point out that in that case you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to the usage of the website (incl. your IP address) and the processing of the data by Google by downloading and installing a browser-add-on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking this link. This sets an opt-out cookie, which prevents any future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie applies only to this browser and only for our website and will be stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found on Google Analytics Help at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de.
5.2 Use of Google fonts
We integrate Google Web fonts of the provider Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, (hereinafter referred to as “Google”) on our websites. They enable us to display fonts. Integration of these web fonts is implemented via a server access, typically a Google server in the United States. In the process, information on which of our website pages you have visited is transmitted to the server. Your IP address will also be sent to, and possibly stored by, Google.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found on Google Analytics Help at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
- Rights of data subjects
You are entitled,
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to request information from us about your personal data processed by us. You may in particular obtain information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if this has not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about its detail.
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to request the rectification of inaccurate or the completion of your personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us unless the processing is required to exercise the freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted if, and to the extent, that the accuracy of the data is objected by you, the processing is unlawful but you refuse the erasure of these data and we no longer need them, you however need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or have filed an objection against the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive a copy of the personal data you provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format, or to request the transmission to another data controller;
- to revoke your consent given to us at any time pursuant to Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future and,
- pursuant to Art. 7 GDPR, to complain to a supervisory authority. Generally, you can, for this purpose, contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace, or our law firm’s office.
- Right of objection
Provided your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 1 para. 1 sentence 1 (f) GDPR, you have the right in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for this which arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Data security
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved, corresponding to technological developments.
- Updating and amendment of this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status as of May 2018.
It may be necessary to change this data protection declaration as a result of further development of our website and services, or due to changes in statutory or regulatory requirements. You can access and print out the current data protection declaration at any time under https://www.rudolf-storz.de/privacy-policy/?lang=en